Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Big White Lie

"The thing I like best about being a conservative is that I don’t have to lie. I don’t have to pretend that men and women are the same. I don’t have to declare that failed or oppressive cultures are as good as mine. I don’t have to say that everyone’s special or that the rich cause poverty or that all religions are a path to God. I don’t have to claim that a bad writer like Alice Walker is a good one or that a good writer like Toni Morrison is a great one. I don’t have to pretend that Islam means peace."

Andrew Klavan has much more to say about the pros and cons of being conservative in his article "The Big White Lie" in the City Journal which is well worth reading in full. How many times do I need to tell you to read the City Journal? Get 'er done.

1 Comments:

Blogger f mcdonald said...

You are right. It is an excellent piece. Thanks for the post.

Sun May 20, 07:28:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home