Thursday, August 18, 2005

Not In Our Name

Spc. Kyle Andrew Griffin was killed in a truck accident on a road between Mosul and Tikrit on May 30, 2003. His father, Ronald Griffin, gives his rebuttal to Cindy Sheehan's anti-Bush shennanigans:

I lost a son in Iraq and Cindy Sheehan does not speak for me.

I grieve with Mrs. Sheehan, for all too well I know the full measure of the agony she is forever going to endure. I honor her son for his service and sacrifice. However, I abhor all that she represents and those who would cast her as the symbol for parents of our fallen soldiers.

...

We refuse to allow Cindy Sheehan to speak for all of us. Instead, we ask you to learn the individual stories. They are glorious. Honor their memories.

Honor their service. Never dishonor them by giving in. They never did.
It's worth reading the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home